About This Journal
The Journal of the Institute for Research was a quarterly journal published from 1962 - circa 1969 by the Institute for Research at Seattle Pacific College. It's aim was to "present scholarly works of the faculty and associates, and to report on progress of research projects and programs of the Institute."
According to an article in The Falcon from November 1963, the Institute for Research began in 1959. The appointed director, Dr. Donald Kerlee, gathered a research team to consolidate current research and to undertake new research in the areas of chemistry, botany, and physics. The journal began as a way to share that research with the public.