Submission Guidelines for Honors Projects
Who Can Submit
Honors Projects only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of Seattle Pacific University University Scholars. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Submit your Honors Project
- Make sure your Honors Project is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF). If you use a word-processing program other than Microsoft Word, look for an "export" or "save as" option in your program to save it as an RTF file. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Include an abstract for your paper. It can be any length. Please also select keywords. These are words that will help a user locate your paper through a search.
- To submit your Honors Project in Digital Commons @ SPU:
- Choose My Account from the options on the left, and then Sign in with your SPU Account. Alumni: choose Create new account and sign up, filling in all required fields as well as Institutional Affiliation - Seattle Pacific University. Activate your account by following the link in the email sent to you.
- Select Submit Research under Contributors on the left, then choose the Honors Projects series under University Scholars.
- Read and agree to the non-exclusive license. You as the author retain all copyrights and may share your work elsewhere.
- Fill out all required fields of the form, including Title, Author (include your email address for monthly download reports), Date of Award (year is fine), Degree Name, University Scholars Director (Dr. Jeff Keuss), Readers(s), Keywords, Subject Categories, and Abstract.
- Choose the file to upload and submit. You may choose to submit Additional Files if you like.
Overview of the Process
After you submit your Honors Project, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of it with a cover page and publish it on the site. You will be notified by e-mail when the paper is posted. Items will not be immediately posted, but should appear within 5 business days. View DC@SPU Author FAQs or contact Dr. Jeff Keuss if you have questions.
How to Revise Your Dissertation
If you would like to post a revised version of your Honors Project on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper.